ISRAEL'S FLAG


The flag of Israel was designed by a man called David Wolffsohn.

He chose two elements for the flag.
The first was the colours of blue and white, to represent the tallit (Jewish prayer shawl)
and the second was the Magen David (Star of David) which had been used as a Jewish symbol for a long time.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home again - January 25, 2009

Ann writes:


Hi Everyone!

I'm now home again, but have to go off for a couple of hours for my last class of the semester at the college. Luckily it is a short evening rather than the normal 4 hour class! I'm planning on taking the rest of the week off from high school.

As far as my health / operation, etc. The good news is that the surgery went well, but I was a lot more nauseous for a lot longer than last time. My blood pressure was also quite high for several days. Eliana was with me most of the week (no connection to the high BP!). The bad news is that the growth was in the entrance to the bladder, which could mean that it is spreading and is of a more serious type than we previously thought. However, we won't know anything for sure until the biopsy results come back in two weeks. And as my surgeon told me with his twinkling smile, with this kind of cancer my relationship with the hospital is going to be "like a Catholic marriage" - in other words, a long relationship til death do us part many, many years down the road.

I am a bit anxious, of course, but there isn't a lot I can do until I know what kind of growth this new one is. Whatever happens, we'll deal with it.

Thanks for your prayers!

Ann

No comments: